Mystic Island Lake, Colorado

Mystic Island Lake!



Mystic Island Lake is a lake is that is located outside of Vail, Colorado. It is in close proximity to Aspen, Colorado, which I have touched on quite a bit in my previous posts.

Mystic Island Lake can be accessed by hiking Lake Charles first, which will lead you to Mystic Island Lake. While I have not personally hiked this trail, I have looked into it because of the close proximity to Aspen. It is nestled in the White River National Forest, which I have traveled to, and I wish I would have know about this place when I traveled to it, but now I can just plan another trip to check it out.

It is rated as a long, difficult hike. It is about 9 miles out and back, with some very steep parts of the trail and difficult terrain to walk on. I have mentioned before that when I was in Colorado, we were hiking part of the trails in the snow. So I am going to strongly recommend that for this hike, you pack some type of snow shoe. A lot of the time, the trails are difficult in itself, and do not factor in the fact that part of the trails are going to be covered in snow, which can make it way more difficult. Being prepared is always a good thing to be when you are hiking in Colorado!

This hike has several streams you will need to cross, and given the terrain, it is suggested that a backpacking trip may be the best option when trying to hike this. It would be extremely difficult to do this is one day which is why backpacking would be a good option.


You can expect nothing but amazing views from this hike which is why I recommend. I plan on doing this hike next summer so stay tuned so I can update you guys on what it is like to hike this!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devil's Lake State Park

Ramona Falls, Oregon