Destination: Utah!

Arches National Park!


Arches National Park is located in Moab, Utah, which is known for its enormous sandstone arches.
When I had the opportunity to visit Aspen, I was about three hours away from this national park and planned to visit before I headed back to Illinois. However, it unfortunately didn’t happen. It is still on my bucket list to visit this amazing park.

I’m from Illinois so this destination is about 20 hours if you’re driving; quite a haul but I would say that it is worth it, especially if you have other destinations you are trying to reach that in the area of this park.

The good thing about this park, in my opinion, is that the park offers a lot of short trails. This is nice because whether you plan on staying for a long period of time or you are just passing through, shorter trails won’t wear you out too much, and you can still get a stunning view of what the park has to offer.

Just a little summary of some of the trails in the park include:

  • Skyline Arch Trail – 0.4 miles
  • Double Arch Trail – 0.5 miles
  • Sand Dune Arch – 0.3 miles
  • Broken Arch Loop – 2 miles
  • Balanced Rock – 0.3 miles


So, as you can see, the trails and destinations in the park are relatively short.

If you are looking for more an intense hike, maybe this park is just a pit stop for you!

Either way, if you want a spectacular view of these arches, I suggest paying a visit to this national park.

The majority of the hiking I have done has included lots of forests, so visiting this national park would be quite a different experience because it is completely opposite of hiking through a forest.


I cannot wait to see what these arches are like in person one day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devil's Lake State Park

Mystic Island Lake, Colorado

Ramona Falls, Oregon