Hiking Yosemite National Park

Yosemite National Park!




Yosemite National Park is located near Stockton, California, and caught my eye due to its beautiful waterfalls and rock formations.

I have never been to California, but I am recently discovering that California has a lot of beautiful places that are great for hiking. I’m hoping one day I will be able to hike Yosemite, so let me tell you a little about it and maybe you will want to hike it too!

Yosemite has not just one, but multiple different waterfalls that you can explore!  A few are:

  • Yosemite Falls – around 2,500 feet.
  • Sentinel Falls – around 1,600 feet.
  • Ribbon Fall – around 1,600 feet.
  • Nevada Fall – around 600 feet.
  • Vernal Fall – around 300 feet.


Aside from the waterfalls, like I said before, there are a lot of different places here that you can hike. A cool one I have researched is called Hetch Hetchy.

Hetch Hetchy is known for its extremely long hiking season, which is great because you would never really have to prepare to go a certain time of year to avoid snow or bad weather conditions. It features different waterfalls, peaks, and a ton of different flowers during the hikes.

If you plan on hiking Hetch Hetchy, there are a few significant points of interest you should be on the look out for!
  • The O’Shaughnessy Dam
  • Smith Peak
  • Poopenaut Trail
  • Wapama Fall


Just going on this hike alone will allow you to see different peaks, a dam, AND a waterfall. Sounds like an amazing place to hike in my book!

I have read that you can access this place only by car, because a shuttle is not provided.


If you want to learn more about Yosemite National Park, visit their website here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Devil's Lake State Park

Mystic Island Lake, Colorado

Ramona Falls, Oregon